Though standing in the shadow of its more powerful, earlier predecessor, the recently released plastic-bodied-but-quad-core Asus Transformer Pad TF300T was bestowed some developer love from Asus itself in the form of a bootloader unlocking tool.
Essentially, this means opening the said tablet to the wide world of custom ROMs, mods, hacks, and tweaks that often make Android devices perform better than their manufacturers originally intended.
If you’re completely enamored by the thought of having full control and ownership of your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, you might want to unlock its bootloader. The rest of this guide shows you how.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the ASUS Transformer Pad, model number TF300T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for TW, US, or WW regions
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Open the ASUS Download page for the Transformer Pad TF300T on your tablet’s browser.
- From the drop-down list for OS on the Download tab, select “Android.”
- Click the link for Utilities to expand the list.
- Download the Device Unlock App by clicking the appropriate link. The latest version, as of May 22, is version 7.0. You’ll be downloading an APK (Android Package) file named UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk.
- Install the APK file to your tablet. (You may need to enable installation of “Unknown sources” in Settings > Security.)
- Run the Unlock Device Tool app.
- Read the Notice below the orange warning triangle.
- Read the Notice again.
- Do you understand what the Notice is saying? If not, start over from step 7.
- Tap on the “Agree” checkbox to place a check inside the box, indicating that you understand and agree with the Notice.
- Tap the Press to unlock your device button.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T using the official unlocking tool provided by Asus.