Within just a month after its release, the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T has finally got its much-awaited root privileges. This would not have been possible without the effort of XDA Developers member XpLoDWilD who managed to find a solution for rooting the mighty quad-core behemoth. Not only that, the said developer is also the one responsible for bringing ClockworkMod Recovery to the tablet.
The Transformer Pad TF300T is already a powerful machine with a quad-core processor and Tegra 3 GPU. Nevertheless, you can further push it beyond its capabilities once you have root privileges. Continue reading the rest of this guide to learn how you can root your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the ASUS Transformer Pad, model number TF300T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- ASUS Transformer Prime TF300T with ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery. Need help with recovery? Check our guides:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the rooting package (root-signed.zip , 594.6 KB) and save it to your tablet’s internal SD card (/sdcard).
- Switch off your tablet.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until you are greeted with a message saying “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5S)”. In less than 5 seconds, press the Volume Up button to enter Recovery Mode.
- From the recovery menu, select Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard, then browse for root-signed.zip and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the screen that follows.
- After the installation is complete, select Go back to head back to the main menu.
- Select Reboot system now to reboot your tablet.
Congratulations! You have successful rooted your Asus Transformer TF300T. You can now download and use root-enabled applications as well as optimize your phone.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.