A tweaked ROM for the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T has been released by XDA Developers member surdu_petru. The intention of this ROM is simply to have it ready for overclocking the tablet up to 1.5 GHz.
Overclocking is the process of tweaking your processor's (or other components that run on a certain speed) clock speed by increasing it and taking it beyond the default manufacturer set “safe” level, thus, achieving a more powerful performance at the risk of breaking the device. Hardcore tech enthusiasts take pride in taking their devices to their absolute limits, and Android tablet users are no exception.
This ROM is pretty good in itself even without the overclocking and could be used as a daily ROM. It's been rooted, has init.d enabled to run scripts, has a new boot animation, includes a tweaked database with sqlite3, and many other performance features.
As mentioned, there is a certain danger to overclocking, so it is recommended that you only run the tablet at higher clock speeds only when running apps requiring a lot of processor power. Having it overclocked for long periods of time could damage the device.
This guide shows you how to overclock your Transformer Pad TF300T up to 1.5 GHz.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Transformer Pad, model number TF300T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Asus Transformer Pad TF300T running stock official Android 4.1.1. Jelly Bean firmware, with an unlocked bootloader, and with TWRP Recovery installed. For pointers, check out our guides:
- Download the following files to your computer:
- JB@Overclock Edition V01 ROM package (overclock.zip, 381.39 MB)
- JB@Overclock Edition V02 ROM package (Update_JB@OC_Edition_V02.zip, 9.09 MB)
- Download any of these apps to overclock your tablet after installing the ROM:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the JB@Overclock Edition V01 ROM and the VO2 update package to your tablet's internal SD card.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until a message appears on the screen saying “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)”. In less than 5 seconds, press the Volume Up button.
- Tap on Wipe > Cache and then confirm.
- Tap on Wipe > Cache/Dalvik cache and then confirm.
- Tap on Wipe > Factory reset and then confirm.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select Install and then select the overclock.zip file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your tablet.
- After restarting the tablet, install the JB@Overclock Edition V02 ROM package in the same manner as in steps 2 to 9.
- After installing the updated version of the ROM, launch No-frills CPU Control or Quick CPU Overclock Lite and use it to set the overclock frequency to 1.5 GHz.
Awesome! You've now overclocked your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T up to 1.5 GHz.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.