The official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T has been recently released, and XDA Developers member surdu_petru has taken the update and created rooted versions of it.
The Jelly Bean update for the TF30)T fixes a few minor issues such as NTFS file compatibility and early testing has reported that it's smoother and faster. There is also an added SD card compatibility support and upgraded camera firmware.
This release has not been modified that much but it has been made much easier to install. There are three different versions available; the first one is the rooted version, the second one is the rooted and deodexed version, and the third one is the rooted, deodexed with Busybox version. Whether you choose to install the first, second or third version, the installation process is the same for all three versions.
This guide shows you how to flash stock, rooted Jelly Bean build 10.4.2.13 for the Transformer Pad TF300T.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the ASUS Transformer Pad, model number TF300T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T with TWRP Recovery and an unlocked bootloader
- Your tablet's USB cable
- A Windows PC
- 7-Zip, WinRAR, or any similar program that can extract 7Z archive files.
- Downloading any of the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
These instructions presume that you are installing version 3 of the pre-rooted firmware (asus_3.7z). The steps remain the same for the two other archives. Just replace the appropriate file names in the steps below.
- Extract the contents of the Version 3 – Rooted, Deodexed and Busybox Added Firmware Update package to obtain a file named asus_3.zip.
- Copy the asus_3.zip file to the tablet's internal SD card.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until a message saying “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)” appears on the screen. In less than 5 seconds, press the Volume Up button.
- Tap on Wipe and choose Cache / Dalvik cache.Wait for the process to finish.
- After wipe is complete, go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select Install and browse to the asus_3.zip file. Select the file and confirm the installation.
- Once installation is done, tap on the Reboot system button to reboot your tablet to the newly installed firmware.
Very good! You've just installed the pre-rooted Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update version 10.4.2.13 for the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.