After taking the plunge into the world of Jelly Bean with your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, you and other users of the new Android OS are looking into ways to enhance the new Android experience offered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This is where the world of rooting comes in. To “root” an Android device has the same concept as “jailbreaking” an iPhone.
Out of the box, the Android OS is already oozing with features ready to be utilized at the user's command. But, some of the features of certain applications are only available to those with “root access.” Hence, users must unlock or root their Android devices.
Rooting the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been made possible through the efforts of a guy named krabappel2548 over at the XDA Developers forum. Let the rooting begin!
This guide shows you how to root the Transformer Pad TF300T after applying the official Jelly Bean OTA update.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Transformer Pad, model number TF300T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with unlocked bootloader, TWRP Recovery or ClockworkMod Recovery installed, and must be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Check the following guides for additional help:
- USB cable for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
- Download the Root Package (Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip, 1.08 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip to the internal SD card of the tablet.
- Shut down the tablet and then boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons and wait until you see the “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)” message on the screen. Within 5 seconds, press the Volume Up key to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card and Choose ZIP from SD card. Then look for Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip on the list and select it.
- After the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your tablet.
- Once fully booted into Android, download and install the SuperSU app from the Google Play Store. Open the program then tap on Remember and select Allow. Don't forget to update the binary.
Woohooo! You now have root access privileges on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T. Go ahead and try out some applications that require root access and enjoy.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.