If you're no stranger to Android devices, the moment you've unpacked your shiny new Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, you might have instantly gone to root it and unlock its bootloader. Those are great first steps to modifying your Android device, but you aren't quite done yet. You still need one vital thing before you can start flashing custom ROMs, mods, tweaks and hacks to your device. It's custom recovery, of course.
For the uninitiated, custom recovery not only helps you achieve an even better Android experience but also makes all sorts of things possible. You can use custom recovery to flash kernels, themes, launchers and all sorts of things. Most importantly, custom recovery helps you make a backup of your existing ROM right before you embark on your exploration of your device. These backups are especially handy if you end up flashing a buggy ROM and you'd like to go back to your functional ROM. This particular custom recovery, TWRP Recovery, is appealing with its touch interface, fast ROM backups and restores, a built-in file manager with an on-screen keyboard, and a whole lot more.
In this guide, learn how to flash TWRP Recovery on the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Infinity, model number TF700T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with an unlocked bootloader.
- Download the GooManager app from the Google Play Store
- If you cannot find it on the Google Play Store or it isn't compatible with your device, you can manually download the GooManager APK file (GooManager_2.1.1_signed.apk, md5sum: fd34d0a657c7b4c43cb19be5478d914d) and copy it to your Transformer Pad Infinity. Install it manually through a file manager. Also make sure that the “Unknown Sources” option has been enabled on your device. You can check this through Settings > Security.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Open GooManager on your Transformer Pad Infinity. When you're prompted, grant it root access by pressing the Grant/Allow button.
- Press the Menu button (the button with the 3 dots) at the top right of the screen.
- Tap Install OpenRecoveryScript. Confirm the action.
- TWRP Recovery will then be downloaded and installed on your tablet after a reboot.
- Once TWRP Recovery has been installed, you can try it out by opening the GooManager app and pressing the Reboot Recovery option.
Fantastic! You now have TWRP Recovery installed on your ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Enjoy flashing custom ROMs, mods, tweaks and hacks.