Asus has created some of the best and sturdiest Android tablets on the market. From the great processing power to the clear screen and display, there's really little else we can ask for. But, like most Android users, sometimes, we just want to get Paranoid. If you've been waiting for the latest ParanoidAndroid release, then XDA Developers member jaybob413 sends you love and, of course, our favorite ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T.
The developers have pointed out some bugs that you might encounter, such as static wallpapers and the camera or GPS not working properly. These bugs will be fixed in the next update, so stay tuned. Don't wait for tomorrow! Pick your layouts, change your DPIs, and add apps to your heart's content — all these, and more, you can do with ParanoidAndroid ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, model number TF700T. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with custom recovery installed
- Check out the following guides:
- Download the following:
- ParanoidAndroid ROM (pa_tf700t-2.53-04NOV2012-122105.zip, md5sum: f1427c8f3249f8ec3c43dc2cbc64bcc2)
- GApps package (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM and GApps ZIP files to your tablet's SD card.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Boot into custom recovery. Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see a line of text on the upper-left corner of the screen. Within 10 second, press the Volume Up button to boot into recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe cache partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Locate and select the ParanoidAndroid ROM ZIP file and confirm that you want to install the ROM.
- Repeat Steps 8 and 9 to flash the GApps ZIP.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to wipe tablet data again.
- Select Go back > Reboot system now.
- Turn your phone on.
- Go to Settings > Paranoid Settings to tweak your screen DPI and layout.
Great work! You now have ParanoidAndroid 2.53 running on your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Let us know about your latest Paranoid experience in the comments below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.