Want a sensibly priced Android tablet with a decent amount of power, but Google’s new Nexus 7 just doesn’t cut it for you? You might want to go to Costco and check out the latest deals for Toshiba’s Excite 10.
Launched about four months back worldwide, the Excite looked like one of the most competitive tablets around, but still felt a bit expensive. The 16GB version was initially up for grabs for $449.99, which might have not seemed like a lot a year ago. However, things have changed considerably in the tablet world after the Kindle Fire release, so there weren’t many tech lovers keen on spending that much on the 10-incher.
After the Nexus 7 launch, it became even clearer that Toshiba needed to think about price slashing for the device, and fortunately it didn’t take the company long to make that decision. Even better, the discount is not one to be ignored, making the Excite 10 a true “Nexus 7 killer”.
Costco is currently offering “for a limited time only” the 16GB Excite 10 for $299.99, which is $100 less than the previous pricing point of the 10-incher and 150 bucks under the tab’s first price tag. The 32GB model is itself on promotion, going for just $349.99.
Those of you who can’t get the money right away should not sweat it too much either, because the “limited offer” will run through December 1 on Costco’s website. Therefore, you have more than three months to get your finances in order and purchase one of the discounted Excite 10 tablets.
Shipping and handling is included in the price, with delivery taking Costco no more than five business days to complete. Now that’s what I call a lucrative deal!
If you need to refresh your memory about the Excite 10’s tech specs and features, here’s a quick rundown to help you make an informed decision:
- 10.1-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution and Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 5 MP rear-facing shooter with auto-focus, digital zoom and LED flash
- 2 MP front-facing camera with microphone
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Full sized SD card slot for expanding the internal memory
- Micro HDMI port
- Micro-USB 2.0 port
- Docking connector
- Stereo speakers and Toshiba Sound Enhancements
- 25 Wh Lithium Polymer battery capable of running for up to 10 hours between charges
- Gyroscope, GPS and digital compass
- 1.32 pound weight
- 10.3 x 7.0 x 0.35 inches dimensions
Anyone thinking of picking up one of Costco’s discounted Toshiba Excite 10 tablets? Do they now come at a better quality-price ratio than even the Nexus 7?