With TV networks determined to “win the time slot” when it comes to the ratings war between their premier shows, many viewers are almost guaranteed to have to choose between several favorite shows on any given day. Granted, there are some not-so-legal ways around this problem. But if you have qualms against going the shady route, TiVo is the solution for you.
TiVo allows you to record all your TV programs to view later, also including shows that are running on other channels at the same time. Following the release of the TiVo App for Android, which gives you complete control of your TiVo DVR from your phone, now comes the tablet-specific TiVo for Tablets app.
Features of the TiVo for Tablets app include:
- Browsing the channel guide without interrupting current programming
- Browse and play recorded shows from the app
- Explore cast, crew, and other information while watching a show
- Intuitive gesture-based remote control
- Search, browse, and schedule show recordings even when you’re away from home
- Comment on what you’re watching on Facebook and Twitter
Of course, the features aren’t much different from the phone-specific TiVo app. The only major difference is the fact that the UI for the new application is optimized for use on an Android tablet.
If you want to try out the TiVo for tablets app, you can download it for free from the the Google Play Store right here.
What are your thoughts? Do you use TiVo? How helpful do you think a TiVo app for Android is?