I have nothing against stats that put Android in a bad light. If anything, I’m usually glad they appear, because they highlight some problems that I had raised long before, hopefully prompting Google to do something and improve Android in that specific respect.
What I really can’t stand, though, is when statistical data presented as accurate is downright misleading. Like my all-time-favorites, the Net Marketshare guys, who keep publishing misleading data, over and over again, even though it’s a clearly inaccurate description of the mobile market share that they present as accurate.
But I think that soon I’ll have some new favorites, the [...]
Yes, boys and girls, it has finally happened! For the first time in history, most U.S. mobile subscribers now own a smartphone. At least that’s what we can make of Nielsen’s latest report, which says that, in March 2012, 50.4% of all American mobile users had a smartphone in their possession. That leaves a 49.6% share for basic phones (or dumbphones, as we sometimes call them), which is not half bad, if you think about how wildly popular Android and iOS devices are.
Android is still the dominating force in the United States, with a total of 48.5% of all smartphones running Google’s OS. Apple’s iOS is second, with a 32% market share, while RIM, Windows Mobile, and [...]
It feels like the Android vs iOS debate has been going on for centuries, even though both just arrived on the scene back in 2007. Lot of people fall on both sides of the fence and the “fights” have certainly been numerous and loud, ranging from intellectual debates to random name-calling.
One Youtube user wicked4u2c has taken the time to release a series of videos talking about the advantages the Android OS and devices have over Apple’s iOS and the iPhone. There are 4 videos so far, of a 6-part series, and each is of quite a decent length, so the guy obviously put in a lot of time and effort into making them. The first video can be considered an [...]
If there was still anyone that doubted Android’s booming success in the global smartphone market, the most recent report from Analysis International should once and for all establish the mobile operating system’s dominance. According to said report, Google’s Android operating system is the most popular smartphone platform in China, leading the race against Symbian and iOS with an almost unbelievable 68.4% sales share in Q4 2011.
With a population of around 1.3 billion and an estimated 990 million mobile phone subscribers, China is the world’s largest mobile phone market, so you can imagine this latest report will come as one of the best news that the Android received [...]
Whether we like it or not, Apple’s iPad has been the star of the tablet market and has overshadowed Android tablets in pretty much every aspect and area. But is this to remain? Let’s take a closer look.
While we are still in the early stages of 2012, all signs are pointing to Apple’s latest product becoming the new star of the market again. After all, sales figures don’t lie, right?
However, while no apparent leader has risen from the pack of Android tablets, there are many encouraging signs. First of all, competition is a good thing. While no one tablet alone has the means to dethrone the iPad’s impressive sales figures, collectively, they [...]
The One X is HTC’s new flagship and, even though it hasn’t yet been made available in the United States and most other important markets, is one of the hottest Android handsets around.
With a Tegra 3 quad-core processor under the hood, a very thin body, and a sophisticated and stylish look, the One X is certainly one of Android’s biggest hopes in the everlasting battle against the iPhone.
But aside from the awesome performance and cool looks, the guys at HTC are also confident that they’ll make a difference with the rear-facing camera on the One X, a camera that is supposedly “better than the iPhone 4S’ shooter”, [...]