iPhone_5

Every time a new version of the iPhone hits the market we get a slew of articles from tech writers explaining why they are switching to Apple’s latest wonderphone and leaving the fractured hell that is Android behind. Obviously this kind of article is classic clickbait and fair enough, writers want people to read their articles and it’s their job to deliver eyeballs. The fact that most of them are full of fatuous reasoning and lack any real substance is what tends to aggravate the reading public.

iPhone_5

Well Apple has announced the new iPhone 5. It pretty much conforms to the rumors that were flying around before the San Francisco event kicked off. It’s certainly an improvement on the iPhone 4S, but is it enough to tempt you away from Android? In a word – no!

android-vs-apple

Apple is the most valuable company in the world, and yet it is using patent litigation to bully its competitors. Are the huge profits justified? Can Apple stay on top as goodwill for the company dissolves?

flurry android ios market share report

I have nothing against stats that put Android in a bad light. If anything, I’m usually glad they appear, because they highlight some problems that I had raised long before, hopefully prompting... Google to do something and improve Android in that specific respect.

What I really can’t stand, though, is when statistical data presented as accurate is downright misleading. Like my all-time-fa...

android smartphones

Yes, boys and girls, it has finally happened! For the first time in history, most U.S. mobile subscribers now own a smartphone. At least that’s what we can make of Nielsen’s latest report,... which says that, in March 2012, 50.4% of all American mobile users had a smartphone in their possession. That leaves a 49.6% share for basic phones (or dumbphones, as we sometimes call them), which is n...

ios vs android

It feels like the Android vs iOS debate has been going on for centuries, even though both just arrived on the scene back in 2007. Lot of people fall on both sides of the fence and the “fights”... have certainly been numerous and loud, ranging from intellectual debates to random name-calling.

One Youtube user wicked4u2c has taken the time to release a series of videos talking about the advantages the...

android china liftoff

If there was still anyone that doubted Android’s booming success in the global smartphone market, the most recent report from Analysis International should once and for all establish the mobile... operating system’s dominance. According to said report, Google’s Android operating system is the most popular smartphone platform in China, leading the race against Symbian and iOS with an almost unbe...