Just in time for the start of the festive season, T-Mobile is giving customers the gift of better 4G coverage, as the carrier improves its 1900MHz HSPA+ network in 10 markets. This means those who own unlocked AT&T handsets can benefit from the enhanced data and voice coverage.
The upgrades are available in major metro areas like Miami, Phoenix, San Francisco, and more. Here’s the complete list:
Central and Southern Arizona
- Phoenix: Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Paradise Valley, Surprise and Ahwatukee
- Mesa: Chandler and Gilbert
- Tucson: South Tucson, Marana, and Vail
San Francisco Bay Area
- Silicon Valley: Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Santa Clara, and San Jose
- San Francisco
Central Valley, California
- Miami: Coral Gables and Miami Beach
- Fort Lauderdale: Hollywood
Aside from the above, T-Mobile said that it’s also improving its 4G coverage in areas like Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, the New York metro area, Philadelphia, San Diego, and Seattle. Let’s hope that the network won’t buckle under pressure from the expected uptick in data and voice traffic.
How’s T-Mo’s coverage in your area? Did you see any improvement in stability and speed?