SwiftKey Flow beta gets another bugs fix and performance update
The SwiftKey Flow beta made its debut on Android devices last December. Since then, the app has received numerous updates, with the last one pushed out earlier in the month. Just as the final version is about to hit Google Play, the SwiftKey team has updated the Flow beta once more.
The latest beta, according to them, will fix some force close issues and other bugs. Here’s the partial changelog:
- Fixed crash on changing keyboards, force close on clicking update language, and others
- Resolved majority of non-English punctuation problems
- New look installer to match SwiftKey Flow colors and include an introduction to SwiftKey Flow
- Memory usage of settings app reduced
- Microphone key disabled in fields that don’t support voice input
- Fix for keyboard disappearing when phone build installed on tablet sized devices
- Double space for period turned off by default to prevent accidental period insertion when flowing
- Turned off slide down from candidate bar to close keyboard when flow is on (to be consistent with the description in the Settings menu)
- And more…
Despite the many improvements and enhancements, the full list of which you can find below, there are still many known issues left. If you want to give version 188.8.131.52 of the app a try, click here to grab the phone version and here for the tablet version.