If you’re unhappy with your current mobile provider and you’re stuck in one of those terrible two-year contracts, there may be an out for you. Sprint, which is now considered to be the fourth largest carrier in the US, has just announced that it will cover all cancellation fees for customers who want to switch from their current carrier. That’s right, no matter what is owed, whether we’re talking about just the early termination fee or the remaining payments you owe on your phone installment plan, Sprint will reimburse the total cost to you.
Before you get too excited, there are a few hoops to jump through first. For starters, you’ll need to turn in your current phone, in good working condition, to Sprint in order for them to reimburse you. So if you had any hopes of keeping your current phone, you’re unfortunately out of luck.
Here are the details on how this promotion works:
- Bring your number from any other carrier with an early termination fee or phone installment plan balance.
- Activate a device on Sprint Easy Pay, iPhone for Life Plan, Sprint Lease or pay full retail price with a new line of service.
- Complete an online registration www.sprint.com/joinsprint and upload a bill that shows applicable charges for reimbursement within 60 days of activation.
- Customers are required to turn in competitor phones (in good working condition) tied to the bill they submitted. To make this simple and hassle free, customers will receive a prepaid return kit in the mail.
- Award is paid via American Express Reward Card after online registration.
Sprint will reimburse you in the form of an American Express Reward Card approximately 15 days after you complete the online registration form (explained above). We’re not sure as to how long this promotion is going on, so if you’re interested, you better jump on this deal before it’s too late!
So, anyone out there taking advantage of the deal?