The first device in the world to hit the market with the zeus-like powerful SoC, the Qualcomm Snapdragon, is the Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
A behemoth by even my standards, the Xperia Z Ultra is packing some incredible tech. Check out the specs below!
Oh, before you look down any further, I have to remind you that it’s currently on pre-order for the incredibly tempting price of $1240USD. Not bad, eh?
Sony Xperia Ultra Specs
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core CPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Display: 6.44-inch 1920×1080 TRILUMINOS display for mobile, touch panel cover glass with Super Hard Coat ASF
- Colors: Black, white, purple
- Dimensions: 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm
- Weight: 212 grams
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Cameras: 8MP rear, 2MP front
- Storage: 16 GB (up to 11 GB user-accessible memory), microSD expandability up to 64GB SDXC
- Networks: UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz, 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 1700 (Band IV), GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, 4G LTE
- Battery: 3,000mAh embedded
- Waterproofing and dust resistance: IP55/IP58-rated
So, we have a huge device that, for all intents and purposes, will require that you either hate 7 inch tablets, be able to use with two hands, or possess hands on par with members of the Harlem Globetrotters.
Anyway, for all you keeners out there that simply must have the latest and greatest, largest ‘smartphone’ on the market, look no further than the Xperia Z Ultra!
For those of you keen on getting something with the Snapdragon 800 under the hood, hold on for LG’s G2, which we’ll be examining in full detail come August 7. The next device that we will likely see is one that a lot are excited for – the Galaxy Note 3.
What’s it going to be guys? Did Sony push things a bit too far with their Xperia Z Ultra? Excited for LG’s G2? Think the G2 serves as the basis for the Nexus 5? And any Galaxy Note 3 lovers in our midst? I know you’re there. Though, make no mistake – the Xperia Z Ultra is an absolute beast of a device, and one that’s likely to capture more than a few hearts.
You know what do down below!