Kaspersky Lab, a firm specializing in security development, confirmed that it detected the first Trojan SMS app for Android smartphones. The app, called Trojan-SMS.ANdroidOS.FakePlayer.a, is disguised as a media player and prompts users to install its 13KB .APK application file. The Trojan is SMS-based and sends text messages to premium messaging service phone numbers that results in large phone bills.
SMS Trojan app appears on Android devices
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
- 1.Google on the Nexus 6: try it, you may like it
- 2.Report: Note 4 sales reach 4.5 million in first month
- 3.Motorola Droid Turbo official: huge battery, Quad HD screen, powerful specs
- 4.A significant number of Inbox by Gmail invites have gone out!
- 5.You’re doing it wrong: What Android OEMs could be doing better