Kaspersky Lab, a firm specializing in security development, confirmed that it detected the first Trojan SMS app for Android smartphones. The app, called Trojan-SMS.ANdroidOS.FakePlayer.a, is disguised as a media player and prompts users to install its 13KB .APK application file. The Trojan is SMS-based and sends text messages to premium messaging service phone numbers that results in large phone bills.
SMS Trojan app appears on Android devices
From the forums
- Root Galaxy S2 6 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- hi everybody this is Zain from Pakistan 0 Replies on Introductions
- Android M development in the works 0 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- Choosing the best Android anti-virus... 13 Replies on Android Q&A
- Hello! New guy here 1 Replies on Introductions