Kaspersky Lab, a firm specializing in security development, confirmed that it detected the first Trojan SMS app for Android smartphones. The app, called Trojan-SMS.ANdroidOS.FakePlayer.a, is disguised as a media player and prompts users to install its 13KB .APK application file. The Trojan is SMS-based and sends text messages to premium messaging service phone numbers that results in large phone bills.
SMS Trojan app appears on Android devices
From the forums
- Auto brightness makes things a little... 2 Replies on OnePlus Smartphones
- Soccer Thread 47 Replies on Off Topic Lounge
- What phones do/did you own? 96 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- Ashwin Says Hi! 2 Replies on Introductions
- Phone ranged around $350-$450 3 Replies on Other Smartphone Discussion