HTC Sensation users will be delighted to know that the yet to be release Sense 4.0 rom of HTC has a custom ROM called Virtuous S4X. With this you can experience the Ice Cream Sandwich in the new HTC ROM. Thanks to m-deejay of XDA Developers Forum and his Team Virtuous ROM you can now update your HTC Sensation with the following steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Sensation (rooted and ClockworkMod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable.
- First, download the virtuous_s4x_build2.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the virtuous_s4x_build2.zip file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery mode: press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- Once you’re in the recovery mode, do a Nandroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore> Backup. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the virtuous_s4x_build2.zip to start flashing the Virtuous S4X ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy your HTC Sensation running the latest custom ROM called Virtous S4x, Cheers!