If Ice Cream Sandwich alone is irresistibly alluring, how much more if it includes the colorful skin of HTC Sense 3.6. Owners of the HTC Sensation can now enjoy both Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 3.6 through the custom ROM called Extreme Sensation, developed by a member of XDA Developers named thelegendarylegends.
The ROM is based on the leaked RUU version 3.24.401.1 for the HTC Sensation and is reportedly stable enough to be used daily. The developer fully re-edited the said leaked RUU, fully integrated HTC Sense 3.6 into it, and threw in a few extra features such as overscroll glow effect, semitransparent app drawer, battery percentage mod, and a few more.
The developer also mentions that the custom ROM provides fast and smooth performance on the HTC Sensation, better battery life, no browser display flicker, built-in DropBox, and multi-language support.
Who wouldn’t be allured by the sweetness of ICS and the beauty of HTC Sense 3.6 on your HTC Sensation? If you’ve have been captivated by the tandem, read our guide on how to install the Extreme Sensation ROM on your Android phone.
- Backup your phone data and files in case it will be corrupted or erased when flashing the ROM.
- This installation guide and ROM are for the HTC Sensation. Do not attempt to install this ROM on other devices.
- Follow this guide at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage that these instructions will cause on your device.
- HTC Sensation with root access and S-OFF. Check out our guide on how to root your HTC Sensation.
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
- A fully charged battery.
- You will be needing the following files:
- Copy the Extreme Sensation ROM, 3.24 Unlocked firmware, and su-bin ZIP files to the root of the external microSD card on HTC Sensation.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot your device into bootloader mode by holding Volume Down key and Power button. On the next screen, select “bootloader.”
- Select “Yes” if the bootloader asks you for an update. This will install the 3.24 Unlocked firmware on your device.
- Wait until the firmware is completely installed on your device. Your mobile phone will automatically reboot once it is done flashing the firmware.
- Use your USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Delete the 3.24 Unlocked firmware ZIP file from your microSD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Turn your device off and reboot it into ClockworkMod Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously. On the next screen, use the volume keys to choose “recovery” and tap the Power button to boot to Recovery mode.
- Create a backup of your working ROM by selecting Backup under the Backup and Restore menu.
- From the Recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm your action on the next screen.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm your action on the next screen.
- From the Advanced menu, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and confirm your action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select “Install zip from sdcard.”
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard” and locate the Extreme Sensation ZIP file, then select and confirm to initiate the installation process.
- After installing the ROM files, Go back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now” to restart your phone.
- Your device will ask you to supply the necessary information and configure your Google Account.
- Download and install 4EXT Recovery Updater on your device via the Android Market or the link provided above.
- Using 4EXT Recovery Updater, set up your root permissions by installing the su-bin ZIP file located on your SD card. (In case of errors, reboot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery, clean out the data from Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache, and select Fix Permissions. Then, reboot your phone and try installing su-bin.zip again using 4EXT.)
Good job! You have successfully installed Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 3.6 on your HTC Sensation via the Extreme Sensation custom ROM.