The HTC Sensation is one of HTC’s flagship phones that feature HTC’s signature Sense UI. But then again, there are users who still want to have that power to customize their phones in a manner that matches their style and feel.
Rooting and flashing custom ROMs have already become the major pathways to further customization, but then again, they don’t necessarily carry improvements when it comes to enhancing the HTC Sense UI. Worry no more, as Leedroid Tweaks lets you customize your phone beyond what Sense UI allows you to.
Leedroid Tweaks is authored by XDA Developers member j4n87, together with richmondo and m0narx. What makes Leedroid Tweaks interesting is that it lets you customize your status bar, lockscreen, launcher, system settings and a whole lot more.
The current version of the tweaks, however, have two annoyances:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons cannot be hidden
- Carrier name disappears from the status bar when status bar text in Leedroid Tweaks is set to empty
But, what working tweaks are available? Here’s an overview:
- Status bar tweaks (Quick Settings can be hidden or reordered; specific notifications can be hidden; Wi-Fi config can be hidden; clock can be hidden or centered; clock color can be set; MIUI battery bar; custom caption for status bar; long-press for recent apps; notification bar’s transparency can be set)
- Lockscreen tweaks (ICS AOSP lockscreen; lockscreen text can be set to custom carrier; Menu key can be used to unlock the screen; Volume keys can be used to wake the phone)
- Rosie Launcher tweaks (launcher can be set to normal, supersmooth, or ultrasmooth; disable unlock animation; app drawer can be set to show 5 columns; app drawer can show page numbers; app drawer can be set to transparent; navigation bar labels can be hidden)
- Advanced tweaks (mount system as rw/ro; wipe cache partition; wipe Dalvik cache; wipe battery stats; fix permissions; zipalign APKs; set SD cache)
- Other tweaks (menu is shown for Phone Info when service code is entered in dialer; capacitive buttons backlight dimming; overscrolling colors; toggle APM Items; MMS screen on; different autobrightness levels; volume steps can be defined)
If you wish to add striking visuals on your HTC Sensation, continue reading the rest of this guide as we teach you on how you can install Leedroid Tweaks on your HTC Sensation.
- HTC Sensation — rooted, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed, and running on a ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich. (See our guide on how to root the HTC Sensation.)
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left.
- Backup your precious phone data (files, photos, contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, etc.)
Leedroid Tweaks has been tested on the HTC Sensation running the custom ROMs below, but this doesn’t meant Leedroid Tweaks won’t work on your current custom ROM, so feel free to try.
- Android Revolution HD
- darkforest 520
- Leedroid Supersensational
- Download the Leedroid Tweaks package from here or here (Leedroid_Tweaks_Sensation_v3.0.zip, md5sum: d81b8f6bff6a85197d53b2d2ed7b4681) and save it on your PC.
- Connect your HTC Sensation to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to the root of your phone’s SD card so that it can easily be accessed later on.
- Disconnect your phone.
- Switch off your phone completely.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by simultaneously pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and Power button.
- Create a Nandroid backup on your phone through Backup and restore > Backup. This will be very useful if you find certain issues with Leedroid Tweaks as you can easily revert to your current setup.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard.” Select “Choose zip from sdcard.” Browse for the downloaded ZIP file and select it. The Leedroid Tweaks package will then be flashed on your phone.
- Select “go back” to head back to the main recovery menu.
- Select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You successfully flashed LeeDroid Tweaks on your HTC Sensation. Enjoy the striking themes, colors and brilliant new features added to your device.