The HTC Sensation is a fantastic device offering dual-core processing power, and when it comes to the latest Android updates, the device is certainly not left far behind.
Thanks to XDA Developers member febycv, the HTC Sensation is the latest member to join the the list of AOKP-supported devices. The new AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) ROM for the HTC Sensation promises not just Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) but also enhanced device performance and easy customizations–thanks to the built-in ROM Control mod.
The new AOKP ROM for the HTC Sensation is still in its beta stage with some known bugs such as Bluetooth connectivity, Wi-Fi tether, automatic call drops, minor flickering, camcorder issues, and some other minor glitches.
The AOKP ROM for the Sensation also supports homescreen launchers such as Apex Launcher, Trebuchet Launcher, and Nova Launcher to suit your homescreen customizations.
If you still wish to install the ICS-based AOKP ROM, continue reading to learn how you can flash the AOKP ROM on your HTC Sensation.
This ROM is intended to be used only on the HTC Sensation and is not compatible with any other device or variant. You can check your phone’s model number by heading to “Settings > About Phone”.
- Rooted HTC Sensation with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. (See our guide for rooting the HTC Sensation.)
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left
- Backup your important files and applications as this guide will wipe out all of your personal data associated with your current ROM.
- Download the latest version of the AOKP ROM from here and save it to your PC.
- Download the latest version of the GApps (Google Apps) package from here and save it to your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy both downloaded files into the root of your phone’s internal SD card (not microSD).
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by simultaneously pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and Power Button.
- Once inside ClockworkMod Recovery, create a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. To make a backup, select “Backup and Restore” and on the screen that follows, select “Backup”.
- Perform a wipe by selecting “wipe data/ factory reset”, and on the screen that follows, select “yes” to confirm the wipe procedure.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Browse for the downloaded ROM file that you copied earlier and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes” to start flashing the ROM.
- Repeat step 10, but this time around, choose the Google apps package.
- Select “go back”, then choose “reboot system now” to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Sensation via the latest AOKP ROM.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.