Install Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 4.0 on your HTC Sensation
The HTC Sensation is just starting to get its serving of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 3.6. That’s sweet enough for many. But, care for additional sweetness through HTC Sense 4.0?
With the recent leak of the HTC One S RUU firmware, developers of the Virtuous S4X ROM quickly went busy in their kitchens porting the RUU to the HTC Sensation. Thus, users of the HTC Sensation can now catch a glimpse of how gorgeous HTC’s latest Sense 4.0 UI really is.
Judging by the specs alone, the HTC Sensation and HTC One S share the same screen resolution of 540×960, which roughly translates nto greater overall compatibility between both devices.
Don’t expect the Virtuous S4X ROM to be perfect, as it is currently in its alpha stages. Known issues include a non-functional camera, Bluetooth, mass storage, as well as some animations that are currently disabled. But, rest assured that there will be updates made from time to time to weed out bugs and add important features.
If you still wish to try first-hand HTC’s latest Sense 4.0 UI, then continue reading on as we teach you how you can install the Virtuous S4X ROM on your HTC Sensation.
- Rooted HTC Sensation with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- The phone must be on firmware version 3.24 or higher (See this thread on XDA for help.)
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left
- Backup of your personal files and data
- Download the Virtuous S4X ROM from here (virtuous_s4x_alpha2.zip, 469 MB)and save it to your PC.
- Connect your HTC Sensation to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to the root your phone’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into Clockworkmod Recovery. You can do this by simultaneously pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and Power button.
- On the HBOOT screen, select the “Recovery” option.
- Once inside ClockworkMod Recovery, perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM so that you can always have a restore point if something should happen when installing or trying out this ROM. You can perform a backup in ClockworkMod by selecting “Backup and Restore” then select “Backup”.
- Perform a full wipe on your device.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” then select “Wipe Data/Factory reset” on the screen that follows.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” then confirm the wipe cache partition on the screen that follows.
- From the main menu, select “Advanced”, then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” then confirm Wipe Dalvik cache on the screen that follows.
- After the cleaning process is through, select “Install zip from SD card.”
- Select “Choose zip from SD card”, and browse for the downloaded file that you have transferred and select it.
- Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes – Install “virtuous_s4x_alpha2.zip”. It may take 5-10 minutes for the installation process to finish.
- After the installation is complete, select “Go back” then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
- After the reboots, you need to disable all animations. You can do this by heading to “Settings > Display” and turn off all animations.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Virtuous S4X custom ROM, which brings Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 4.0 to your HTC Sensation.