Capturing uncompressed 1080p Full HD photos on HTC Sensation with HQ Camera for ICS mod
Don’t let that perfect moment or that candid shot you’ll never get to sneak in again with pass you by. The best camera, after all, is the one you have with you. For shutterbugs who have shed their digital cameras for the compactness of their phone’s camera, being able to take the best possible pictures is a must. Too often, however, pictures taken by phones can be compressed and as a result, can look a little grainy and unsatisfactory.
Thanks to NODO-GT, senior member of XDA Developers, it’s now possible to take beautifu,l uncompressed pictures with your HTC Sensation with an increased size cap. Your 8-megapixel photos will look stunning. On top of that, you can even take 1080p Full HD videos with great quality.
You can see the difference for yourself in these pictures. The first one was taken with stock 1080p at 10 mbps:
After the camera mod was flashed to the HTC Sensation, this second picture was taken with the HQ camera 1080p at 20 mbps:
As you can see, the difference is impressive. The picture taken with NODO-GT’s enhanced camera app is smoother, crisper and can easily be mistaken for a picture taken with a digital camera. This mod has already been included in some of the more popular ROMs, including the following:
- InsertCoin 5.1.5 and later
- LeeDROID SuperSenaational 7.0.0 ICS and later
- OrDroid 1.7.3 and later
- Sense-o-Maniac 2.2 and later
NODO-GT’s camera mod can only be installed on a rooted HTC Sensation, running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Unfortunately, the mod does not work on Gingerbread-based ROMs.
If you’re excited to get this mod onto your HTC Sensation so you can start snapping gorgeous pictures, you’re going to need a few things:
- A rooted HTC Sensation running on an ICS-based custom ROM. (See our guide for rooting the HTC Sensation.)
- Download the appropriate recovery-flashable package for your ROM:
- A fully charged battery. This prevents your phone from shutting off during the middle of the flashing process.
This mod and these instructions are intended only for the HTC Sensation. Do not try using these on another incompatible handset. Use these instructions at your own risk. Do not hold us responsible for whatever damage occurs on your phone through your use of this guide.
- Copy the ZIP file into the /sdcard folder or directory on your HTC Sensation.
- Turn off your phone and reboot your HTC Sensation into ClockworkMod Recovery. (With the phone off, hold down Volume Up and Power until you see the HBOOT screen. Select “RECOVERY.” Press Volume Up and Power together when you see the red exclamation mark.)
- Backup your system via Backup and restore > Backup.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard. Browse for the ZIP file you copied to the phone and select the file. Confirm that you want to flash the file.
- Once the file has finished flashing, select Go back.
- Select Reboot system now.
Once your system reboots, your Camera app will now be better than ever. Enjoy taking beautiful uncompressed pictures and stunning videos with NODO-GT’s camera mod. Even those of you who may never had been fond of taking pictures with your HTC Sensation will fall in love with how crisp each image is. You’ll never have an excuse of not taking pictures during birthday parties, events or even just when you’re out and about, just because you’ve left your digital camera at home. So go on, take your phone with you and don’t hesitate to snap a shot at moments you’ll want to capture forever in a picture.