The Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) ROMs are based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and these ROMs feature speed and performance customizations via a built-in ROM Control mod. With the latest release of AOKP Milestone 5, XDA Developers senior member pimpmaneaton was able to create the EyeCandy 0.8 custom ROM for the HTC Sensation based off sources from AOKP Milestone 5. EyeCandy 0.8 offers the same features as AOKP Milestone 5 ROM with additional features and extra modifications for the HTC Sensation.
Take note that the ROM is still a work in progress and contains the following bugs:
- Bluetooth takes longer to activate
- Bluetooth – ID3 Tags
- Gallery doesn’t play videos unless USB is connected.
- Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip
- 420p video recording is broken.
- Call volume too loud
- Occasional Audio issues
If you aren’t discouraged by these bugs, read on for our guide on how to flash the EyeCandy AOKP Milestone 5 v0.7.1 ROM to your HTC Sensation.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Sensation. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC Sensation with S-OFF, unlocked bootloader, and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the EyeCandy 0.8 ROM from here (EyeCandy_AOKP_Sensation_pimpmaneaton_v0.8.zip, 337.7 MB).
- Copy the EyeCandy ROM’s ZIP file to the root of your phone’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your HTC Sensation into Bootloader Mode by holding down the Volume Down key and Power button.
- NOTE: Once booted into Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- From the Bootloader menu, select Recovery.
- In case you face any problems flashing the ROM, create a backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and perform a full wipe. If you came from a previous version of EyeCandy AOKP ROM, a full wipe is not required but highly recommended:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and locate the ROM’s ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to begin flashing the ROM to your phone.
- The AROMA Installer will launch and will guide you through the installation process in a series of instructional screens. In AROMA, you must select a kernel to be used and enter your desired customizations.
- NOTE: If this is your first time installing the ROM, do not select the Themed Talk App during Aroma selection. Themed app will only work if you had successfully flashed the ROM with the original app. If you want the themed app, reflash the ROM without performing a full data wipe and select the same options with Themed Talk App included.
- Reboot your phone and let it stand by for about 5 minutes. Do not do anything on your phone (e.g., setting your Google Account).
- Turn off your phone and reboot it. Once fully booted, you can now set your Google Account and enjoy using the ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the AOKP-based EyeCandy 0.8 custom ROM on your HTC Sensation.