The HTC Sensation is flooded with exciting new system modifications coming from different developers. From MIUI 4 ROMs to unofficial firmware leaks, the HTC Sensation is always getting loads of cool new upgrades and features. This time around, it looks like touch-enabled recoveries are heading their way to the device.
We have witnessed how ClockworkMod Touch Recovery fared well on the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and the Atrix 4G. And, now, ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has arrived for the HTC Sensation, thanks to koush, the developer of ClockworkMod Recovery.
In this tutorial we are going to teach you how to install the touch-enabled ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Sensation.
This custom recovery is developed only for the HTC Sensation. It is not compatible with any other device. Installing this on another device may cause irreparable damage or make your device unusable. We are not responsible if you brick your device. Proceed at your own risk.
- Rooted HTC Sensation with ClockworkMod Recovery (i.e., non-touch-enabled) installed.
- A fully charge battery or at least 70% battery left.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer, along with device drivers for your HTC Sensation.
- Download the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (version 188.8.131.52) image file here and save it to your PC.
- Rename the downloaded file to “recovery.img” (without the quotes).
- Copy “recovery.img” to the folder where fastboot.exe is located on your PC. (This is most likely in C:android-sdk-windowstools.)
- Turn off your device. Wait for at least a minute to ensure that your device is completely powered off.
- Reboot into Fastboot mode. You can do this by holding down the Volume Down button and pressing the Power button.
- On the hboot screen that appears, select the “fastboot” option. (Use the Volume keys to scroll; press the Power button to select.)
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- On your PC, go to the folder where fastboot.exe is located.
- Once you’ve located the folder where fastboot.exe is, hold the Shift key down on your PC’s keyboard, right-click inside the folder, and select “Open Command Window Here” from the popup menu. It should launch a command prompt or DOS prompt.
- Inside the command prompt, enter the following command and press the Enter key:
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Select the “bootloader” option from the main hboot menu.
- Scroll down and select the “recovery” option to enter ClockworkMod Touch Recovery. (At this point, you may want to try using the touchscreen to navigate around the recovery menus.)
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod Touch Recovery version 184.108.40.206 on your HTC Sensation.