The Samsung Galaxy S3, the Nexus 7, what's next? The battle for improvement never stops but there's an old friend who has managed to keep its reputation as an amazing Android phone–the HTC Sensation. Credit goes to the constant support and development from the developers.
Yet again, another custom ROM has made its way to the phone and it is called the KingKang ROM. It's AOKP-based, and not just any AOKP but AOKP Milestone 6, inheriting the stock Ice Cream Sandwich experience with the customizations and improvements designed to optimize the performance of the phone.
XDA Developers member InfinityFTW did a handful of tweaks to add some handy features to it. To give you more of an idea of what the ROM contains, here are the features included in this ROM:
- Navigation Bar
- Status Bar
- Speed tweaks
A handful of custom launchers are also included, namely:
- Nova Launcher
- Go Launcher EX
- Apex Launcher
- Xperia Home
If you find those things appealing, then give this ROM a try. Read on to know how to install AOKP Milestone 6 on the HTC Sensation via KingKang ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Sensation. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC Sensation with S-Off, unlocked bootloader, and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- KingKang ROM (KingKang_1.0.zip, md5sum: a486cda94dc8e4d3f372295b64db3d0a)
- Google Apps Package (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip, md5sum: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c)
- Copy the KingKang_1.0.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip files to your phone's SD card. Don't extract the files and don't place them in any folder.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. Switch off your phone and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons until Bootloader Mode boots. Using the Volume keys, highlight Recovery and tap the Power button to select it. When you see the red warning triangle, press Volume Up and Power buttons together to enter recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup for your existing ROM so that you can revert to it in case you need to. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and find the KingKang_1.0.zip file.
- Confirm the installation by selecting Yes – KingKang_1.0.zip on the screen that will follow.
- Once done, go back to the main menu and flash the gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip in the same manner in steps 5, 6, and 7.
- After installing the two files, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone. The initial boot up may take up to 5 minutes.
Congratulations! You just installed the AOKP Milestone 6-based KingKang ROM on your HTC Sensation.