Despite being released last year with Gingerbread onboard, the HTC Sensation is still a well-regarded phone. Armed with a dual-core processor, an 8-MP camera, and an S-LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass, the phone was one of the dual-core giants people were aching to have.
The phone has already received ports from other well-known custom ROMs and now, a MIUI ROM is released to add to the fun. Having your once-Gingerbread device upgraded to Jelly Bean is really something, and thanks to the existence of custom ROMs, it is very much possible to attain. With the vast number of custom ROMs you can try with your Android devices, variety is one thing you'll miss if ever you decide to switch to another non-Android mobile platform.
This MIUI ROM was released by XDA Developers member, smokin901. The ROM is based on and ported from the official MIUI ROM 2.8.31 for the Nexus S and CyanogenMod 10 (August 31 build). According to the developer of the ROM, the front camera doesn't work, but apart from that, the rest of its features are working fine.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the HTC Sensation to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via unofficial MIUI ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Sensation. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Sensation with unlocked bootloader, S-OFF, and ClockworkMod Touch Recovery installed.
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the MIUI ROM package (MIUI-2.8.31-Pyramid-Update1.zip, 208 MB) to your computer.
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MIUI ROM package to your phone's SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Once you see the HBOOT menu on the screen, press the Volume Down button to select Recovery and the Power button to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the MIUI ROM file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed MIUI ROM.
Awesome! You have successfully installed Jelly Bean-based MIUI ROM 2.8.31 on your HTC Sensation. How do you find the ROM so far? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.