The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean spree is here. Although we are hearing rumors that a limited number of Android devices will be receiving the latest official updates, independent developers are working day and night to bring the latest treats to as many Android devices as they can. XDA Developers member sahil_lombar is one of those developers. He has managed to create a custom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM, based on code from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), for your HTC Sensation.
The ROM is still in its initial release. Although the ROM has bugs, flashing the custom ROM will give you a glimpse of how the update feels and what it's like having Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC Sensation. This could also be a sign that a fully functional Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM will soon be able to grace your Android phone.
The current build of the ROM still has several crucial non-functioning features, such as the radio, Wi-Fi, audio, Google Now, camera, light sensors, notification lights, and button lights.
If you want to try this ROM on your phone, read on to learn How to upgrade the HTC Sensation to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via Androlus custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Sensation. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Sensation with unlocked bootloader, with S-OFF, and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the following files:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the pyramid-jb.zip and gapps-jb.1.zipfiles to your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone into Bootloader Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously until bootloader boots.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait until recovery finishes the backup process.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Advance. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the pyramid-jb.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Once done, go back to the main menu and flash the gapps-jb.1.zip in the same manner as in steps 9 and 10.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone into the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM.
Terrific! You have successfully installed the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Androlus custom ROM on your HTC Sensation. Enjoy!