For HTC's first-ever dual-core phone, the HTC Sensation, a faster and smoother OS is justifiable. And when we talk about fast and smooth operating systems, Jelly Bean is, of course, on top of everything else. The HTC Sensation has received several other custom ROMs and today, we'll shine the spotlight on one unique ROM that fuses both tablet and phone UIs — the ParanoidAndroid ROM.
If you had the chance to experience this ROM on other devices, you might have noticed the ROM's uniqueness compared to other custom ROMs. It doesn't always follow that if the ROM is a hybrid of both tablet and phone UIs that you have to force your phone to conform to how the tablet UIs look. You always have the option to scale down individual apps to best suit the look on your device's home screen, as well as other parts of the ROM's interface.
This ParanoidAndroid ROM is still under development and may still carry bugs and issues with it. Most of the bugs were already fixed by the developer who released this ROM, XDA Developers member DragunKorr and currently, the ROM is already working pretty well. If you want to test this ROM, just follow the requirements and instructions provided below.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the HTC Sensation to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Sensation. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Sensation with unlocked bootloader and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following to your computer:
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM, Dragunkorr-WIPE-ALL, and the GApps packages to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Once you see the HBOOT menu on the screen, press the Volume Down button to select Recovery and the Power button to select the option. When you see the red warning triangle, press Volume Up and Power buttons together to enter Recovery Mode.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the Dragunkorr-WIPE-ALL file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to wipe all the data on your mobile phone.
- After flashing the wiping scripts, install the ParanoidAndroid ROM and GApps package in the same manner as in step 5.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- NOTE: First boot may take up to 5 minutes.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the ParanoidAndroid ROM on your HTC Sensation. How is the ROM working so far? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.