Everyone wants to take a bite of the delicious Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Unfortunately, not all are given the opportunity to receive the updates, as only a few Android devices have been chosen. The HTC Sensation is a decent phone and officially runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This phone deserves to receive the latest updates, too. If you can't have the official updates on your mobile phone, why not try your luck with flashing an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM?
Another Jelly Bean-based AOKP ROM has emerged, bringing to you Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with some customizations included from AOKP ROMs. Now, you can enjoy this ROM on your HTC Sensation, made possible by XDA Developers member frankinstine's hard work and dedication to bringing the latest updates to other phones. Built from developer Bruce2728′s source code, this custom ROM will allow you to have a taste of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC Sensation.
In this guide, you will learn how to upgrade the Sensation to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via AOKP ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Sensation. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Sensation with unlocked bootloader, S-OFF, and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following files:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP ROM and GApps package to the phone's SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into Bootloader Mode. You can do that by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until bootloader boots.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- From the bootloader menu, select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean AOKP ROM file. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and flash the GApps package in the same manner as in steps 9 and 10.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
- Go to Settings > Developer options and select Disable HW overlays.
- NOTE: You will have to repeat this step every time your phone reboots or until the ROM gets updated.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean-based AOKP ROM on your HTC Sensation. You can now enjoy Jelly Bean and a few modifications from AOKP ROM on your mobile phone.