Upgrade HTC Sensation to Android 4.0.3 ICS via Endo-Sense 4.0 Custom ROM
Ever since Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) hit the web, there’s been no shortage of it. Almost every Android phone’s got an ICS-based ROM in the works, and among the lucky ones to regularly receive custom ROMs is the popular HTC Sensation.
Today Endo-Sense 4.0, based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich and built from the bits and pieces of a leaked RUU firmware, has joined the fray. Developed by XDA Developers member xXkingsromXx, this ROM contains features like XDA, a tune-in radio, System Tuner, and parts that reportedly help performance tremendously.
If you’re familiar with the ROM, and have already tried previous versions, this update contains fixes such as the following:
- Gallery 2 thumbs have been resized
- BuildProp edits
- Tune-in radio has been fixed
- Beats audio and music enhancer have been fixed
- Spotify has been fixed.
Unfortunately, as Endo-Sense 4.0 was developed off the leaked firmware, there may be some bugs lurking about. If that doesn’t deter you, and you must have this ROM on your HTC Sensation, prepare the required stuff before you begin.
- Rooted HTC Sensation with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- A fully charged battery. This prevents the HTC Sensation from shutting off in the middle of the upgrading process.
- Flashing this ROM may delete important data, such as apps, music, pictures and more, so make sure to create a backup of your important phone data.
- Endo-Sense 4.0 custom ROM
Install Endo-Sense 4.0 custom ROM to your HTC Sensation as follows:
- Download Endo-Sense 4.0 ROM to your computer. See the link in Requirements.
- Connect your HTC Sensation to your computer via the USB cable.
- Copy the ROM’s ZIP package file to the root of your HTC Sensation’s SD card.
- Turn off your HTC Sensation.
- Disconnect the HTC Sensation from your computer.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by holding down the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This allows you to revert to your previous ROM should something not work out with Endo-Sense 4.0. Create the backup from the menu Backup & Restore > Backup.
- On the main recovery menu, select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”. Confirm wiping.
- Select “Install ZIP from SD Card” and choose the Endo-Sense ZIP file.
- Confirm that you want to install the file.
- Once the file has finished flashing, select “Go back.”
- Select “Reboot System Now.”
Voila! Once your HTC Sensation reboots, you can now enjoy Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, courtesy of the Endo-Sense 4.0 custom ROM.