Has it really been a year since Verizon launched the Samsung Stratosphere? And the phone has never received a single update before? Well the latter is about to change, as Big Red is pushing a software upgrade for the QWERTY slider phone which brings features that won’t be out of place in devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Verizon says that the software upgrade includes “new enhancements and improvements” for your Samsung Stratosphere. Here’s what to expect from the update:
- Face Unlock
- Swipe to receive or decline incoming calls
- Organized app tray
- Photo editor
- Capture image while recording video
- Multiple enhancements in Visual Voice Mail
- Enhanced Security with a Google Security Patch
- The ability to assign a personalized ringtone to each contact
- Video chat support in Gtalk
- Improved touch screen response
- And more
Looking at the changelog, it it’s not surprising to see the new i405.FF1 firmware for the Stratosphere to come in at 53.8MB. You should get the notification to download and install the update soon. While it’s not exactly Ice Cream Sandwich, owners of the Gingerbread-powered phone will no doubt welcome the many improvements and new features that the update comes with.