Samsung opens registration for its Developers Conference this October
We first heard about Samsung’s developers conference in July and now Samsung has opened registration for the event. The Developers Conference is set to include over 40 technical and industry sessions as well as a first look at some new Samsung SDKs for the S Pen and other Samsung apps.
The three day event will be held at the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, from the 27th to the 29th of October. The cost of the event is $299 and for that, attendees will get access to keynotes, working sessions and an exclusive developer event on October 28th.
[quote qtext=”Samsung is excited to offer developers a single place to lean how to develop, market and monetize applications and services that may span smartphones, tablets and televisions.” qperson=”Dr. WonPyo Houng, President of Samsung Media Solution Center” qsource=”Samsung Tomorrow” qposition=”center”]
Some of the topics covered include:
- A first look at new Samsung SDKs and tools for the S Pen and other new features.
- An indepth look into Samsung’s Service Platform and APIs for ChatON, Group Play, Samsung Adhub, Context Aware and more.
- Best practices for developing Smart TV applications.
- Development opportunities in categories like gaming.
- Cross-platform development case for HTML5 and more.
- Sessions for Samsung’s mobile partnership program, building certified apps, KNOX, Enterprise SDK.
There’s sure to be mention of Samsung’s Tizen OS as well as the rumored Samsung Smart Watch and this seems to be more proof of Samsung’s efforts to distance itself from Android. Although it could also mean that Samsung is opening up to developers with some of its killer features — like MultiView and the S Pen — which haven’t been taken full advantage of yet. For more information, hit the source link below.