Samsung itself has put out a press release concerning its new i7500, which was announced for O2 Germany. There are a number of specs in there worth looking at, but the most important would seem to be the configuration of the 3G support.
Samsung lists 3G HSDPA/HSUPA connectivity on the 900, 2100, and 1700MHz network bands. That indicates that the device will support T-Mobile USA’s 3G network, though I wouldn’t be shocked to see it available only as a separate version of the device, rather than a tri-band UMTS version that also supported 900 and 2100MHz. The O2 release made no mention of the 1700MHz AWS band.
You can see a copy of the specs from the press release after the jump:
- Network: HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (900/1700/2100MHz), EDGE/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900)
- Display: 3.2″ HVGA(320×480) AMOLED
- Camera: 5 MP Camera (Auto Focus), Power LED
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, e-AAC+, WMA, RA
- Features: Full Web Browser Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Android Market
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 2.0, USB 2.0, WiFi, MicroUSB, 3.5mm ear jack
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: microSD (up to 32GB)
- Battery: 1500 mAh
- Size: 115mm x 56mm x 11.9mm (4.5in x 2.2in x .5in)