Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom official: specs, features, pricing and release date
Samsung on Wednesday announced the latest member of the Galaxy S4 family, the Galaxy S4 Zoom, confirming recent rumors and leaks in the process.
Specs and features
The Galaxy S4 Zoom is an Android smartphone with advanced camera features so let’s check out its specs and features:
- 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display (960 x 540 resolution)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with Native Damage Resistance
- Size: 125.5 x 63.5 x 15.4mm
- Weight: 208g
- unspecified 1.5GHz dual-core processor (“the selection of AP will be different by markets)
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal memory (user memory approximately 5GB)
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 16-megapixel camera with 10x Optical Zoom, enhanced SMART Modes, OIS 24-240, F3.1-F6.3, Xenon Flash
- 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- A-GPS + GLONASS
- 2330mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz on top
As you can see, some of the recent rumors regarding the specs and features of the handset were right on the money. The Galaxy S4 Zoom is not a flagship device despite sharing that Galaxy S4 name, but it has some good enough features to get you through the day.
The handset will come with some interesting camera features as well, including a Zoom Ring, which will let users easily access the camera features. The In-Call Photo Share feature will let them instantly capture and send images via MMS to the person they’re talking to.
Photo Suggest is a feature that “instantly connects you to huge libraries of images taken by fellow photographers” to help out with photo composion and photo location.
Smart Mode and Smart Mode Suggest features will help users take better shots without worrying too much about the technical stuff that may otherwise get in the way.
On top of those, other TouchWiz features available in various of Samsung’s recent Android devices are to be expected.
Pricing and release date
Unsurprisingly, Samsung left out launch details from the official press release, and we have no pricing for the Galaxy S4 Zoom at this time. We expect to see availability details arrive in the following days, especially since Samsung has a special London-based June 20 media event during which some of its most recent products will also be presented.
We’ll be back with more news on this camera phone, but meanwhile let us know what you think of it.