Computex 2012: Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Asus Padfone vs Samsung Galaxy S2 (video)
Check out the quick comparison video below to see how the two smartphones stack up against each other. To make things even more interesting, we’ve also thrown last year’s best-selling Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S2 into the mix, so make that a three-way visual comparison.
The red hot Samsung Galaxy S3 is the more attractive offering compared to the two. But for those who like the idea of a device within a device (within a device), the Asus Padfone should make for one worthy purchase. The complete package of the Padfone will cost you roughly $900. Aside from the handset, you will get a tablet shell and a nifty laptop docking station. In case you missed our exclusive report, the Asus Padfone is apparently heading to AT&T. As for the Samsung Galaxy S3, the unlocked international version is going for about $700.[embed width=”600″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B9nzIKeRAvA[/embed]
Here are the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Asus Padfone one more time.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (International version)
- Quad-core 1.4GHz Exynos processor, Mali-400MP GPU
- 4.8-inch Super AMOLED with 1280 x 720 resolution (306 ppi)
- 1GB RAM, 16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front camera
- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, 133g
- 2,100mAh battery
- Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, Adreno 225 GPU
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED with 450 x 960 resolution (256 ppi)
- 1GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- 8MP rear camera, VGA front camera
- 128 x 65.4 x 9.2mm, 129g
- Optional PadFone Docking Station with 10.1-inch display
So, what’s your favorite?