Samsung Galaxy S3 User Manual available online
Samsung was incredibly secretive about the Galaxy S3 before its launch, even going to the extent of sending out disguised prototypes to design leaks. On the other hand, since the official announcement of its latest flagship device on May 3, the Korean company has been equally open and aggressive in the promotion of the device, with more than regular updates on the expected availability schedule, and continuous release of press images of the various accessories to accompany the Galaxy S3.
According to a tip received by SamMobile, the User Manual of the GT-i9300 (Galaxy S3) is now available online on the Samsung website. Some interesting points to note from the manual are:
- The manual, of course, contains all the “standard” topics found in every user guide, including Assembling, Getting Started, Communication, Entertainment, Personal Information, Web and GPS-based services, Connectivity, Tools, Settings, Troubleshooting, and Safety Information
- The “Memory Card” section states that the device accepts MicroSD or MicroSDHC memory cards with a maximum capacity of 32GB. Some rumors suggested that the Galaxy S3 would support up to 64GB SD card support, so this might be disappointing for some. Some users of the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note have also mentioned that while the maximum for their devices is 32GB, a 64GB memory card works also. I personally cannot guarantee this one way or the other, so for now, the “official” recommendation is 32GB.
- As with most high-end ultra-thin devices available nowadays, the GSM version of the Galaxy S3 requires a microSIM.
- The User Manual is very helpful in explaining all the new features of the device, such as gesture-motion features, which includes “Hold to Ear,” a feature that lets you call a number you just a received an SMS from, simply by lifting the phone up to your ear.
- Includes information on some C-Pen stylus apps, including S-Memo (also found on the Galaxy Note after the ICS update)
Granted, with the device’s availability still at least two weeks away, it might be too early to start reading the User Manual already, but if you are as curious as I was, you can find see the PDF below:
The information on regional release dates, availability, and price are slowly trickling in, so stay tuned for up-to-date information on when you can get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy S3. You also have the opportunity to win a free unlocked device in our International Giveaway here at Android Authority. Just click on the link and follow a few simple steps to be eligible.
What are your thoughts? If you have read the User Manual, were there any surprises? Are you disappointed about the recommended 32GB max MicroSD support?