There is about 40 more days until Mobile World Congress kicks off in Barcelona in late-February, and we are expecting Samsung to show off and announce the next line of Galaxy S smartphones featuring Android, Galaxy S3. We have seen so many rumors about the device(s), already and it’s just going to get even crazier as we get closer to Mobile World Congress.
Some of the latest rumors that actually feel and sound like they are true:
- Quad-Core Exynos Processor: Exynos is Samsung’s own chip, I doubt they would put anything other than an Exynos processor in their Galaxy S3 devices.
- NFC: Near Field Communication is already in Samsung’s last two Nexus devices, so why wouldn’t they add it to their Galaxy S3 lineup? Especially if it launches with Ice Cream Sandwich, then it can utilize all the features in Android 4.0.
- LTE: If Samsung is planning on launching a Galaxy S3 on a carrier other then T-Mobile they need to have LTE features. Verizon is already an LTE network, AT&T is rolling out new markets, and Sprint will have theirs live later this year.
- No Physical Capacitive buttons: In Android 4.0, Google got rid of the need for physical buttons with the on screen buttons, so now any phone launching with physical buttons just seems silly, and a waste of screen estate.
- 12MP Camera: This is sounding more true after what Sony announced at CES earlier this month, with the Xperia Ion and Xperia S. But will the Galaxy S3 launch with a 8MP, 10MP or 12MP camera? To me an 8MP camera is more then good enough, as long as it can shoot at 1080p.
- 4.5-inch screen: I wouldn’t be to surprised if the Galaxy S3 launched with a 4.5″ screen or larger. Seeing as the Galaxy Note has been widely successful with it’s 5.3″ screen and we already have the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch with a 4.5″ screen.
As far as processor speed we’ve seen rumors of a 2GHz processor, which is way more then what Android OS needs. My 1.0GHz Dual-Core processor in my Droid Bionic flys through everything. Internal storage and RAM is also up in the air, we’ve also seen rumors of 2GB RAM, and 32GB or more of internal storage.
What does Samsung need to put in the Galaxy S3 to talk you into buying one? Hit up the comments and let us know what spec’s you want to see.