Samsung Mobile Canada announced some great news for Galaxy S2 owners on their Facebook page. Well, at least if you’re on the Bell network, your Samsung Galaxy S2 will be receiving an update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean over the next few days. Other networks will see similar announcements over the “coming weeks,” so that wait might stretch out for a while.
There’s a lot to get excited about with the update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, as Samsung introduces a host of UI and performance enhancements, upgrading the user interface to the Nature UX, found on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2. Some of the changes you can expect to see include:
- Project Butter means incredibly smooth performance and greater stability
- Complete user interface revamp to TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung S-Cloud services
- Improved camera features
- New lockscreen with many customization options
- New features include Direct Call, Smart Stay, and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (as seen on the Galaxy S3)
- Two home screen modes
- New notification bar with more notification toggles
- Google Now!
Samsung Galaxy S2 owners on the Bell network will be receiving OTA notifications over the next few days, and you could always try your luck via Samsung Kies.
Have you received the update to Android 4.1.2 yet? If yes, share your experiences in the comments section below.