Samsung Galaxy Note owners can now update their device to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), thanks to the Chainfire Team, which has managed to repackage the leaked ICS firmware of the China-variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220 so that it can be flashed to an international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 via Odin.
Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged to at least 60%.
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that “USB debugging” is checked.
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- USB data cable
- Samsung drivers installed on your computer: 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- Download I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar (790.45 MB) from here or here.
- Download Odin 1.85.zip (198.58 kB).
- Extract Odin 1.85.zip to a new folder on your computer (you should get the Odin3 v1.85.exe)
- Turn off your device.
- Place your phone in Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power, after that you’ll get a ‘Warning!‘ screen just press Volume Up to continue to enter download mode.
- On your computer, double-click the Odin 1.85.exe to run the program.
- Connect your device to the computer using your USB data cable.
- The Odin program will recognize your device and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click the PDA button in Odin.
- Select I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar
- Make sure to select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes in “Option”.
- Click the START button. Odin3 begin to update your device.
- When finished, your device should restart by itself. Restart it manually if it doesn’t.
- Wait for the Samsung logo before you remove your phone from the computer.
- You have now successfully updated your device firmware to Ice Cream Sandwich.
To install Google apps follow the steps below:
- Download gapps-ics-4.0.3-20111217.zip
- Copy the ZIP file to the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
- Place the phone in Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding down these keys together: Center/Home key + Power + Volume Up until the screen turns on, then let them go.
- From the recovery main menu, select install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card. Then select gapps-ics-4.0.3-20111217.zip to install the Google apps.
- Go back to main menu and select reboot system now.
You can now enjoy your newly updated Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.