Samsung announces i5700 Spica
This evening Samsung officially announced that the new i5700 Galaxy Spica, the company’s latest Android powered smartphone, is available now.
The i5700 is the first Android smartphone to support the DivX video codec, thanks in part to its speedy 800MHz CPU. The 13.2mm thick handset features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a large 1500mAh battery, as well as the full suite of Google services.
The phone is available in Europe and the CIS countries. You’ll find more specs after the jump, along with some larger photos.
- quad-band GSM/EDGE, 900/2100MHz UMTS/HSDPA 3.6Mbps
- Android 1.5 (Cupcake)
- 3.2-inch HVGA (320 x 480 pixel) TFT display
- 3 megapixel autofocus camera
- Bluetooth, USB 2.0, micro-USB, WiFi
- 180MB internal memory, microSDHC card slot
- 115mm x 57mm x 13.2mm