In a desire for an all-in-one developer utility for Android, XDA Developers member varun.chitre15 developed AndroPlatina Utilities using his C++ skills.
AndroPlatina Utilities provides a number of functions, from installing kernels through ADB or Fastboot to creating backups to installing apps and custom ROMs instantly. Most importantly, the tool has a graphical user interface, which in itself makes the tool easy to use.
Among AndroPlatina Utilities' features are the following:
- ADB Flasher — for flashing recoveries, kernels, splash screens, etc. via ADB; reported works for nearly all Androids
- Fastboot flasher — for using
fastboot without getting intimidated
- APK Installer/Batch Installer — self-explanatory; the installer also shows an installation progress bar
- ROM Dumper — for backing up your phone's partitions (nearly all of them anyway)
- Unrooter — unroots any Android device
- Boot animation changer — self-explanatory
- Recovery tools — provides access to recovery commands
- Developer tools — various dev tools (e.g., installing BusyBox, zipaligning, etc.)
Indeed, this application is very handy when installing apps, custom ROMs, or just about anything.
This guide shows you how to get started with AndroPlatina Utilities.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with any rooted Android device. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Any Android device with root access
- Download AndroPlatina Utilities (AndroPlatinaUtilsv2.0(superupdate).rar, md5sum: f45a0bc2367d2378785e09bbe16f1bf1).
- A Windows PC with either WinRAR or 7-Zip installed
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also any software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Backup all personal data on your handset to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract the downloaded RAR archive into a folder on your computer.
- Double-click on AndroPlatina.exe file to launch AndroPlatina Utilities.
- Once the AndroPlatina Utilities is fully launched, connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and perform your desired functions.
Just a warning when using this application, make sure to double-check what you are trying to perform. Try it out and let us know if this application works for you.