Have you already updated your Samsung Epic 4G Touch on the latest FB27 Firmware leak? if yes then the next step is rooting your phone. Thanks to Calkulin of XDA Developers Forum you can now have rooted FB27 firmware phone by reflashing the FB27 firmware of Calkulin which is already rooted.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Rooted and CWM installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the Calkulin’s_Stock_Rooted_FB27_ROM_v1.0.zip to your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your device to the computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Go to recovery mode.
- Once you’re in the recovery mode, do a Nandroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore> Backup. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the Calkulin’s_Stock_Rooted_FB27_ROM_v1.0.zip to start flashing the AOKP ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Epic 4G Touch. You can now maximize your phone by installing more applications (root), flash new ROMs and much more.