Canadian carrier Rogers will be selling the LG Optimus G. This version of the device supports 2600MHz frequencies and will be launching on Rogers' network in February. Not interested in the LG Optimus G? Rogers also launched the Windows Phone 8 powered Nokia Lumia 920 this week.
Rogers also started their “Winter White Event.” Interested customers can now purchase a few of Rogers' white (and presumably other colors) LTE-enabled devices for $100 off. The smartphones that got their prices cut temporarily are as follows.
- Samsung Galaxy S III 16 GB in White drops to $99.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- Samsung Galaxy S III 32 GB in White drops to $99.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in White drops to $149.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- HTC One X in White drops to $0.01 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- Nokia Lumia 920 in White drops to $49.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- LG Optimus G 2600 in White (launching February) priced at $24.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
At the time of this writing, there seems to be a error in Rogers' system. Heading over to their website and choosing a Galaxy S III will show the device as $209.99 in white. Selecting the Pebble Blue color will reduce the price to $99.99. Additionally, the Note II can be purchased for $149.99 in both white and grey.
The LG Optimus G is a great device. In fact, LG recently announced it sold 1 million units. Will anyone be picking it up in February?
Residing in Eastern Michigan, Brad is a lover of all-things Android. Technology has always been a fascination for him. His first phone was the Motorola Atrix 2 with a recent upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. He enjoys gaming, weightlifting, reading, creating ideas and most of all, writing.