Upgrade HTC Rezound to Android 4.0.3 ICS but Without HTC Sense
The HTC Rezound is a sleek device with beefy hardware specifications. With HTC promising Ice Cream Sandwich for the phone in the coming months, the HTC Rezound can truly shine even more with the said new upgrade.
For HTC Rezound owners who can’t wait for the official Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade, you might want to go the route of custom ROMs, which almost definitely can satisfy your sugary cravings. XDA Developers member newtoroot, who also brought the famous Ineffabilis Deus Alpha ICS ROM, has posted yet another custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM called Senseless ROM and based on the latest Android 4.0.3 leaked firmware update for the Rezound. The ROM is actually Sense-free, meaning that you won’t get HTC’s Sense UI on your Rezound, thus making your phone look clean and free from bloatware and crapware that usually comes prebundled with most OEM ROMs.
Just like any other custom ROMs, the Senseless ROM is still in its alpha stages with 90% of features fully functional and is suitable for daily use. Known issues include that of excessive vibration when dialing on the phone and that of the system UI’s force closing when the phone first boots.
If you love HTC’s Sense UI, then you can try the Ineffabilis Deus ROM that comes preloaded with the awesome HTC Sense 3.6, but if you want to try something different for a change, then you might certainly love the Senseless ROM.
This ROM is only compatible with the HTC Rezound. Please don’t attempt to flash it to another device. We shall not be responsible for any damage that you may cause or happen during the installation of this ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Rooted HTC Rezound.
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% juice left.
- Download the Senseless 4.0.3 ICS ROM (ZIP file) and save it to your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file into to the root of your phone’s external SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Turn off your phone and reboot it into Recovery mode.
- Once inside Recovery mode, select “Backup & Restore” then select “Backup” to backup our current ROM. (It is vital that you make a backup of your existing ROM in case something goes wrong during the installation.)
- In the recovery menu, perform the following:
- Select “Wipe data/ Factory reset”, then select “Yes” then choose “Wipe Data”.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition”, then select “Yes”, then choose “Cache partition.”
- Select “Advanced” from the main menu, then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” then choose “Wipe Dalvik”.
- Once the cleaning process is done, return to the main menu and select “Install zip from SD card”.
- On the next screen that follows, “Choose zip from SD card” and browse the contents of your SD card for the “Senseless 4.0.3 v1.0.0-signed.zip” file that you have copied earlier.
- Confirm to start the installation process.
- Select “Go Back”, then choose “Reboot System”.
Congratulations! Your HTC Rezound now runs Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, minus HTC Sense.