The wait is over for HTC Rezound owners as you can now finally unlock the bootloader of your beloved device. By unlocking your phone’s bootloader, you are actually unlocking truckloads of features that you could only have possibly imagined. For example, you can now flash custom ROMs, themes, mods, and hacks that you previously were unable to do when you had a locked bootloader.
However, unlocking you bootloader has the risk of bricking your device. Not only that, you will void your phone’s warranty. But if you managed to successfully unlock your phone, then the rewards are endless. If you still can’t resist the temptation to unlock your phone’s bootloader then continue reading the rest of this guide.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Rezound. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Rezound
- A Windows PC
- USB device drivers installed on your computer. You can try HTC Sync, as this will install all the important drivers for your phone.
- Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Follow the instructions for setting it up on your PC. Make sure you also download and install the Android SDK Tools package and the Android SDK Platform-tools package.
- Temporarily disable anti-virus and security suites software on your PC as they may interrupt the unlocking process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. You can do this by heading to Settings > Applications > USB Debugging. Make sure that there is a check mark beside that option.
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left.
- Download the HTC Rezound unlocker package (Unlocker v2 By Fenguepay.zip, 11.86 MB) to your PC.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file and place the extracted contents inside a single folder. You should have 7 files with 2 folders.
- Double-click Unlocker v2.0 By Fenguepay.bat to launch the unlocking script.
- The script will prompt you with the message “I am not responsible for ANY damage caused. YOU are. Who is responsible for any damage caused?”
- Type “Me” (without the quotes) and press Enter to continue running the script.
- The unlocking script will guide you step-by-step, from checking whether ADB (Android Debug Bridge) can interact with your phone, to booting into Fastboot, to fetching your phone’s ID token, to unlocking your phone, and all the way to installing a custom recovery (either ClockworkMod Touch Recovery or Amon Ra Recovery).
- Follow the script’s prompts and instructions.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the HTC Rezound’s bootloader. You can now install custom ROMs, themes, mods, and hacks on your phone.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.