HTC Rezound owners who already have Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs installed on their device can now customize their phones further, thanks to a tweaks package that will allow HTC Rezound users to customize just about everything on their phones.
Developed by XDA Developers members j4n87, richmondo, and monrax, Leedroid Tweaks lets you customize your status bar, lockscreen, launcher, and system settings, just to name a few. Leedroid Tweaks works by sitting on top of your current HTC Sense and raises the bar by enhancing user’s satisfaction.
However, Leedroid Tweaks is still a work in progress, though stable enough for use. Take note, though, of the following issues:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons can’t be hidden
- Carrier name doesn’t appear on statusbar again when custom status bar text is set to empty
Personalizing your phone doesn’t get anything better than this and together with Leedroid’s Tweaks, customization is as easy as it gets. Continue reading the rest of this guide to learn how you can install Leedroid Tweaks on your HTC Rezound.
- HTC Rezound — rooted, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed, and running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 3.6. See our guide on how to root the HTC Rezound running on Android 2.3.4.
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left.
- Backup your personal phone data.
- Download the Leedroid Tweaks v4 Lite package from here (LeedroidTweaks_rezound_v2.zip, md5sum: 744e56afd712c1c80763b57b0011ada3) and save it to your PC.
- Connect your HTC Rezound to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to the root of your phone’s SD card so that it can easily be accessed later on.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Switch off your phone completely.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by simultaneously pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and Power Button.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your phone by going to Backup and restore > Backup.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard.”
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard.” Browse for the downloaded ZIP file and select it. Leedroid’s Tweaks will then be flashed on your phone.
- Select “go back” to head back to the main recovery menu.
- Select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You successfully flashed Leedroid Tweaks on your HTC Rezound.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.