It all started when you got yourself an HTC Rezound. Your research on the Internet about what your phone could have undoubtedly led you to countless Android websites. You learned the terms ROMs, mods, hacks, tweaks, root, and heaven knows what else, and it didn’t take long for you to decide that you wanted to be in on this secret club. You decided to visit the birthplace of countless Android modifications, the XDA Developers forums, only to stop short and realize that you need a vital tool to help you install any of these modification goodies.
That’s right, we’re talking about custom recovery and not just any custom recovery but ClockworkMod Recovery. One of the most widely used custom Recoveries known to the Android community, ClockworkMod Recovery is almost always what we mean by “booting into recovery.” Without it, you can’t experience making your HTC Rezound truly your own.
Months ago, you might have been discouraged with installing ClockworkMod Recovery because it involved codes and fiddling with your device. But recognized developer hasoon2000 has made life easy.
Introducing the HTC Rezound All-in-One Toolkit. It can do anything from installing HTC drivers to your computer, unlocking your HTC Rezound’s bootloader, and of course, installing custom Recovery. The ClockworkMod Recovery that’s been packaged into the toolkit is in both the original physical-key navigable version and the touch version that lets you backup and flash with the power of your fingertips.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Rezound. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Rezound
- A Windows PC
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- WinRAR, 7-Zip or other similar programs capable of unpacking RAR archives
- Download the HTC Rezound All-in-One Toolkit (Rezound_All-In-One_Kit_v2.0.rar, 41.84 MB) to your computer.
- Download the HTC Rezound All-in-One Toolkit package.
- Extract the toolkit package anywhere on your computer.
- Double-click on the Rezound v1.0.exe file to run it.
- If you have already installed the HTC drivers to your computer, you may skip to step 7. Otherwise, continue with the next step.
- Once the HTC Rezound All-in-One Toolkit window appears, select “1. Install HTC Drivers” from the upper-left box of the toolkit window.
- Press the Go button below that box. This will install the HTC drivers to your computer. These are required for the other functions provided by the toolkit.
- Follow steps 2 to 5 in the toolkit window to unlock your phone’s bootloader (if you haven’t done so yet). If your phone already has an unlocked bootloader, continue with the next step below.
- From the upper-right box of the toolkit window, choose your preferred version of ClockworkMod Recovery (i.e., either the standard non-touch version or the touch version).
- Click the Flash Recovery button below the box.
Voila! Fast and simple, you’ve now got ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Rezound. Enjoy flashing all sorts of customization goodies on your device and feel the freedom of Android. Better start practicing the button-combo to boot into recovery.