The Android Ice Cream Sandwich invasion is becoming more widespread, as another device will be showered with the sweetness of the new Android OS. Thanks to XDA Developer newtoroot, you can now enjoy both Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 3.6 on your HTC Rezound.
The custom ROM, called Ineffabilis Deus Alpha, comes to the HTC Rezound, thanks to the leaked ICS update 3.10.605.13 for the HTC Rezound. Aside from the sweetness of Android ICS, the ROM also packs HTC Sense 3.6, bringing new surprises and vibrant animation on your mobile phone. You won't also need to worry about this custom ROM, because it is fully stable to run on your mobile device.
So, what are you waiting for? Read our step-by-step guide on how to install Ineffabilis Deus Alpha ROM on your HTC Rezound.style=”font-style: italic;”>
- HTC Rezound, rooted and with ClockworkMod Recovery
- ADB with Fastboot must be installed on your computer.
- HTC drivers for the HTC Rezound must be installed on your computer.
- Ineffabilis Deus ROM (version 1.0.1 Odex). Get it from here (Ineffabilis-Deus_v1.0.1-Odex.zip) and save the ZIP file to your computer. Do not extract the ZIP file.
- Boot image (PH98IMG.zip). Get it from here. Extract the ZIP file's contents into a folder on your computer. A file called “boot.img” should be among the extracted files.
- Battery charge of at least 70% or more.
- Back up all phone data, just in case the procedure fails or hits a bump.
- Copy the Ineffabilis Deus ROM file to the root of your phone's external storage.
- Copy “boot.img” into the same folder where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are located on your computer. (This is usually the Tools or Platform-Tools folder inside the Android SDK installation folder.)
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, create a backup of your existing (and functioning) ROM. You can do this from Backup & Restore > Backup.
- Wipe all your phone data:
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset from the menu and confirm the operation.
- Choose Wipe cache partition from the menu and confirm the operation.
- Choose Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the operation.
- Return to the main recovery menu.
- Choose Install zip from sdcard, and then Choose zip from sdcard. Select the Ineffabilis Deus ROM file that you copied to your phone. Confirm that you want to start installation.
- Reboot your phone.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt on your computer. Change the working directory to the directory where you copied “boot.img” (i.e., in the same folder where adb.exe is located).
- Use ADB to reboot your phone into bootloader mode. Do this by typing (without the quotes) “adb reboot bootloader” at the command prompt.
- Place your phone in fastboot mode by pressing the Power button.
- Flash “boot.img” onto your phone by typing this command (without the quotes) at the command prompt: “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- After the image has been flashed, reboot your phone with the command “fastboot reboot” (without the quotes).
- Wait for your phone to reboot and load the new OS completely.
- Update the Superuser app immediately after the phone has completely rebooted.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your HTC Rezound to Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich through the Ineffabilis Deus v1.0.1 custom ROM.