When talking about custom ROMs, AOKP ROMs are probably the most customizable among the bunch. You have a lot of freedom to customize and tweak parts of the ROM's interface, apart from enjoying other great features. And, since you have “accidentally” stumbled on this page, we are going to show you how to flash an AOKP-based ROM, which in turn is based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, to your HTC Rezound.
Released by XDA Developers member IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo, this Ice Cream Sandwich-based AOKP ROM for the HTC Rezound features a pure Android 4.0.4 experience and faster performance. The ROM is still under development and still has a few issues and bugs.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Rezound to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich via the AOKP-Neo 1.5 Linaro ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Rezound. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Rezound with TWRP Recovery installed and preferably with S-OFF
- Your phone's USB cable
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP-Neo 1.5 ROM and the GApps package to your phone's SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into HBOOT by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the bootloader menu boots.
- Select Recovery from the bootloader menu by using the Volume keys. Select it by tapping the Power button.
- Select Wipe and choose Factory reset. Wait for the process to finish.
- Go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select Install and navigate to the AOKP-Neo1.5-Linaro.zip file. This will start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 6.
- After installing GApps, tap on Reboot system. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed AOKP ROM.
- NOTE: First boot may take up to 5 minutes.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the AOKP-Neo 1.5 Linaro ROM on your HTC Rezound. Anything you like or don't like about the ROM? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.