If you’re a European tech junkie who’s curious about what kind of device exactly is the Samsung Galaxy Note, then you’re now probably itching to get your hands on one with its on-going release in different parts of the continent.
The Galaxy Note raised many eyebrows when it was initially announced. It’s an interesting mix of a phone and tablet – garnering it the nickname “phablet”. It’s too huge to be called just a smartphone since you can’t really fit something that’s 82.95mm wide, 146.85mm tall and 9.65mm deep in your pocket, but its visuals more than compensate for its bulk; the HD Super AMOLED technology with a WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution makes for a beautiful display. That’s 285 pixels per inch, as compared to 216 of other smart phones. It’s also dual-core powered, and has a 16gb of storage that’s upgradable to 32gb. Connectivity and network-wise, it has WiFi, HSPA+ and 4G LTE functionality, as well as Bluetooth and a USB 2.0 host. It currently runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Probably one of the main selling points of the Galaxy Note is its +S Pen. Don’t be fooled into thinking that it’s just a regular stylus; aside from its plastic nib that increases precision, it also acts similarly to a Wacom pen, which uses pressure to determine the thinness or the thickness of a stroke. Artists and people who generally like to doodle or quickly jot down notes will appreciate the +S Pen, but we’ll all have to see if there will be more apps that will come out that would support this additional accessory.
If this pretty basic overview has tweaked your interest and you’re based somewhere in Europe, then you should check out your local carriers for it. Here’s a list of release dates:
- Gemany via Vodafone, DT, O2
- Netherlands via Vodaphone, KPN
- Belgium via Vodaphone, KPN
- United Kingdom via Carphone Warehouse, Phones4U, O2
- France via SFR, TPH
- Poland via Plus, Mediamarkt
- Hungary via Panon
- Austria via Swisscom, MOT, Three, Mobitel, SIM-free
- Switzerland via Swisscom, MOT, Three Mobitel, SIM-free
- Slovenia via Swisscom, MOT, Three Mobitel, SIM-free
- Spain via Telefonica, Vodafone, Orange
- Italy via Vodafone, Three, TIM
- Portugal via Fnac, Worten, TPH, TMN
- Greece via Cosmote, Vodafone, Wind, SIM-free
- Romania via Vodafone, M-Tel, Globul, Vivacom, SIM-free
- Bulgaria via Vodafone, M-Tel, Globul, Vivacom, SIM-free
- Lithuana via Omnitel, LMT, EMT
- Finland via Telia, Telenor, TPH, Elkiop, DNA
- Denmark via Telia, Telenor, TPH, Elkiop, DNA
- Sweden via Telia, Telenor, TPH, Elkiop, DNA
- Croatia via Tenenor, VIP, TOP
- Serbia via Tenenor, VIP, TOP
- Czec Republic via XSK, VDF, XEZ, ORS
If live outside Europe, you can read our full article on the Samsung Galaxy Note while waiting for its release in your country.
Via Talk Android, Home for Geeks, Samsung